Thursday 28 January 2016

Some naval scenery!

A few islands finally done for my naval games.

I have made a base for my Tour Royale, the entrance to Toulon Harbour. Used some drawings from the time and Google Maps to work out what it should look like! Made with foam, covered with filler and painted with emulsion, and drybrushed. Flocked and clump foliage applied. Trees from irregular miniatures. Play sand for the beach.



I have managed to finish my two Amera islands, the two larger ones. Decorated in the same way, with a base coat of dark brown emulsion, and drybrushed with the brown mixed with yellow. Then, play sand for the beaches and flocked and clump foliage applied (soaked in PVA and hardened first). Finally, blue emulsions for the sea. Fixed with hairspray and I will varnish too.



No comments:

Post a Comment