Friday 15 January 2016

Some naval shenanigans.....

They are done! My final three ships for the Battle of Aboukir Bay - the 74 gun Heureux, the 40 gun Justice and the 36 gun Serieuse. This means I am just waiting for a friend to paint up 2 British 74s which I will then rig, then the fleets are complete with the aid of some club friends.

Here are the two frigates - the 40 gun on the right is 'at quarters'. 

And the 74 gun Heureux. All 3 ships, like L'Orient and Peuple Souvrain which were the previous two I completed, had simple dark yellow sides so no strakes to paint.

Finally, a bit of a treat, I gave the Langton Toulon fort I got at Salute last year a quick paint:

I think I'll use some weathering powders to tone down the washes a bit, but generally pleased with it!

5 comments:

  1. I would follow this site if there was a gadget for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Didn't think anyone would want to, have added something now... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It says there is an error in your follow gadget. There is a gadget for following on blogger. Better than the email gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully one of them works now!

    ReplyDelete