Wednesday 30 March 2016

Horsehair Bocage

Alongside the WW2 Soviets which I have been painting, I've spent some time recently making some terrain pieces and improving some older stuff I have.

Inspired by Steve Tunmore of Tunnie's Terrain, I've had a go at making some Normandy bocage.

http://tunniesterrain.co.uk/




These were made with a plasticard base, covered with cat litter and gravel, painted, brushed and flocked. 


I left two pieces with this showing as 'entrances'.

The bocage itself was made from rubberised horsehair from Ebay, cut and shaped, before spraying black. I would spray brown next time I think! This was then covered with a watered down PVA mix and dipped in a darker, then once dry, a lighter flock. Finally, a fix of a couple of coats of hairspray to fix and protect. 





I also put a tree - made from a twig with rubberised horsehair made in the same way as the bocage, except it was covered with a different flock mix.


Finally, a few shots with a model for scale. Yes I know it's a Russian one!





No comments:

Post a Comment