Wednesday 30 March 2016

Rapid Ruin Normandy Buildings

Last year my lovely kids got me three Valiant 'Rapid Ruin' houses, which I've finally got round to painting.



I followed Colin Rumford's guide on TMP http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=375772 but substituting some colours for similar ones I had. The main colour of Vallejo Iraqui Sand is the same.

Some close ups of the individual buildings, with a shot of each in 'ruin' mode too.

The first I've painted as a simple townhouse, designed to be on the corner of a junction, with a little direction side on its wall.





The second is a slightly better kept townhouse:





The third is built as a cafe, with built in garage. I was quite pleased with the paint job on the garage door!







The signs were downloads from the Rapid Fire! website. I will eventually make a proper base for each, but I need some different buildings - perhaps a church - as they still look quite similar. I like the idea of the cut down ones in Colin's post, but know I wouldn't do that as well as him - perhaps a scratchbuilt one instead?





No comments:

Post a Comment